After church we noticed a pumpkin patch across the parking lot and since we missed out on the Pumpkin Patch at Katie's Fall Festival we decided this was the time. Katie really enjoyed looking at all the different sizes of pumpkins and some of the gourds too. We came home with a small pumpkin and some face stickers, yippee - another year we've escaped the mess of carving (can you tell that I'm not a fan of that gooey mess?!)
Sunday, October 28, 2007
A Dedication and a Pumpkin
Today Ryan was officially dedicated, at church, before the Lord. His Life-verse is Zephaniah 3:17 which says, "The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." The dedication service was a great reminder of our duty as parents to model and teach him (and Katie too) in the ways of the Lord. Yet at the same time how much we have to trust in the Lord, that He is faithful and that He will watch over our young children and draw them to Himself, not because of anything we do but because of what HIS son, Jesus, did for us.

After church we noticed a pumpkin patch across the parking lot and since we missed out on the Pumpkin Patch at Katie's Fall Festival we decided this was the time. Katie really enjoyed looking at all the different sizes of pumpkins and some of the gourds too. We came home with a small pumpkin and some face stickers, yippee - another year we've escaped the mess of carving (can you tell that I'm not a fan of that gooey mess?!)
After church we noticed a pumpkin patch across the parking lot and since we missed out on the Pumpkin Patch at Katie's Fall Festival we decided this was the time. Katie really enjoyed looking at all the different sizes of pumpkins and some of the gourds too. We came home with a small pumpkin and some face stickers, yippee - another year we've escaped the mess of carving (can you tell that I'm not a fan of that gooey mess?!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the picture of Katie in the pumpkin patch. More and more people are escaping the mess inside the pumpkin by painting or stickers. I'm all for that!
We were thrilled to hear of Ryan's dedication. Sounds like it was a great moment for all of you!
That photo is great! Sounds like it was a very nice dedication. I keep staring at the kids baptismal outfits. I can't wait to see how our pastor baptizes 3 at a time :o)
Post a Comment