Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Bath Time

Bath time has gotten interesting at our house. Ryan has developed a bad habit of kicking his feet and splashing in the water. This causes water to get into his eyes, which he doesn't particularly care for... he then responds by kicking even more... which gets even more water into his face. No long luxurious baths for Ryan!
Katie, on the other hand, always enjoyed her baths. Recently though, she has started really testing the waters. She literally keeps wanting to drink the bath water despite the number of times mommy and daddy have told her that we don't do that. We get a bit frustrated at times. So we found it a bit endearing the other evening when Katie told her daddy, "I'm going to be cooperating." (How many 2 year olds use 5 syllable words?)
Tonight as daddy started his, now routine, hand-holding and counting to 10 while he rinses shampoo from her hair, Katie - at the count of 6, sat up and said, "I need a new deal." (I guess often say, "Okay, here's the deal." and lay out the plan. Later she said, "I have another question." waited and then she said, "and another question and another question." we're still waiting for the question, we'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was cute! Made me LOL! I can imagine her saying, "I have another question and another..." What a vocabulary!

Kathy Eden said...

That's hilarious!!! Sounds a lot like the conversations I would have with Phoebe. She would & still does use those "big words." It just floors me. Yesterday she asked me why we won't need food in heaven.

Jon said...

Must be a boy/girl thing. Laurel has always been happy to get in the tub while Cory doesn't much like it. I don't have to worry about Laurel drinking the water though, just keeping it in the tub :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that time quite well when I visited your house. :-)