Wednesday, September 26, 2007

They CAN Do It!

Anyone who knows me, knows that we have struggled with Katie and sleep. Ryan started sleeping through the night, or only waking once very early on, I thought we had it made! Well, a week and a half ago Ryan caught a cold from Katie and so we had him sleeping upright, we changed the way we were putting him to bed, our routine went out the window. The past two nights we've spent trying to get it back and it's been tough. Ryan seems more intent on chewing on his burp cloth, licking his fingers, or sucking on his lower lip (never seen a baby do this before). He is also now capable of rolling from his back to his stomach and likes to practice this in the middle of the night. Katie is weaning herself from the afternoon nap but going to sleep more easily... she just keeps waking up and wanting her daddy or mommy to stay with her. I realize this is just a season, I'm trying to remind myself of this... so I'll post two pictures, proof that my children really CAN sleep!

3 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

I do empathasize wit you Kristin. Just when I think Phoebe has the sleeping thing nailed...she does something different.

Kathy Eden said...

oops..should have proof read before I hit send. Meant "with" you

Kristin said...

I guess that's a lot of what this parenting thing is, change - and lots of it! Katie and Ryan DID sleep relatively well last night - Praise God!