Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Pick Me Up
I have been using the lack of sleep, due to sick kids, as an excuse for my grouchiness. I know that I don't have to be all smiles all the time, but still, I do need to work on controlling my temper. One such moment was Sunday afternoon, Katie was whining, or fussing about something and she wanted me to pick her up, I looked at her and said, "Katie, I don't feel like picking you up when you're being all fussy and whiny." and then I got "hit"... gee, when do I most need/want a hug? When do I most need/want a kind word to be "picked up"? Not when I'm happy and it's easy for the people around me to give that to me, but when I'm feeling upset, why should my child feel any differently? When I stopped trying to get things done and just sat with her we both calmed down and felt much happier... guess I should try that more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Totally" can relate to that!
{{{ Hugs }}} to you!
Well, that's very smart but probably unusual. How many Moms or Dads think about it that way?
For those who don't think about it this way, the following little clip may be inspiring:
http://www.theyearsareshort.com/
Post a Comment