Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Decorating

We did it! I wasn't sure we'd get our Christmas tree up and decorated this year but we did! Katie was a big help hanging the ornaments, now if we could just convince her to leave them where she placed them the first time instead of rehanging them by the hour! She was excited to have her Little People Manger Scene out again and had all of her Little People gathered around to "worship". It was okay until she asked if the table from her dollhouse could come and worship too... I mean I know that even the mountains bow down and the rocks cry out - but can a table worship? How to explain all of this to a two year old who at the moment is going on twelve. She's stretching us right now, and pushing and prodding, and at moments driving us crazy. Then there are moments when I catch her in a pondering moment, singing about baby Jesus, or helping to cheer up her brother and the love and joy I have for these precious children of mine... well, it's humbling. Okay, enough rambling for tonight.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Love your tree! So great to get caught up this way...one of these days we will actually hang out again!
Love,Maggie

Anonymous said...

I love the idea that Katie had for her table to come worship. In her eyes everything should be able to worship. You're doing a good job teaching her those words and concepts! Mom