Monday, November 3, 2008

Autumn Sights

This afternoon I was determined to get some pictures taken of some of the beautiful fall colors around here. As I left the apartment to run errands, with the kids in tow, I snapped this shot just in case nothing else presented itself today.
After a quick stop at the post office Katie convinced me that they needed to go to a park with swings. Here are Katie and Ryan running to the playground equipment.The kids were doing a great job of playing and so I attempted to get a good color shot - um, well, there is some color here!As I was on my phone lamenting to a good friend about how I just wasn't the photographer that she was - I suddenly noticed that I was being watched... I hung up on her to take these pictures.A mother deer and her baby - right there - 20 miles from Washington D.C., at a neighborhood park!The mother watched me and I watched her. I called Katie to come and look at the deer. Ryan noticed them too and was ready to charge, but I wasn't about to let that happen, I knew that mother would defend her baby just like I would defend mine - at this point I was almost hoping they would leave soon (they were between me and my van). I could just imagine making the news as two mothers butt heads protecting their youth.I was reminded of how awesome God makes these animals and nature at this time of year that they can blend in so easily to their surroundings. What a blessed Autumn day I had!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Good job with the Fall pics. I'm glad you didn't have to butt heads with the deer. Colors here in Asheville are very much the same as yours right now - and the leaves are constantly falling. The colors change daily, so I recommend you make frequent (daily) visits to the park!!! God certainly does surround us with His beauty and love - and I'm sure He is pleased when we take the time to look around and notice. ><>

Katrina said...

The fall color looks beautiful. Our fall color here in WI is pretty much over until next year. So glad you were able to catch a few pictures of the deer - how awesome to see wildlife like that.

Anonymous said...

Carolina Gram says, "Beautiful color! Love the deer. I, too, am glad you and the doe didn't have to butt heads to protect your children. God does indeed provide us with lots of beauty in His world."

we4ramseys said...

Those are very nice pictures. I liked the image of two protective mothers butting heads over their young.