Monday, May 12, 2008

Growing Pains

I'm in a growth period of life and some of that is just so painful, so introspective, so changing that I can't even find the words to share. I started out by reading Screamfree Parenting by Hal Edward Runkel - it isn't just about screaming but more about remembering that you are responsible for your reactivity to your children (and other situations/people around you). I was on a growth role and so I jumped in to two books at once (something that I NEVER do)... the first is Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John and Staci Eldredge and the second is The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.
It never ceases to amaze me in these growth periods how God repeats things and so of course several sermons at church and conversations with friends have echoed many of the thoughts that have leaped off the pages of these 3 seemingly unrelated books into my heart.
That's about all that I can say about it for now, I wasn't sure how personal I wanted to get here and I know that I usually use this as an outlet for sharing about the children. Just didn't want anyone thinking that I had gone missing!

I'm just growing, one step forward, three leaps back... some tears, lots of prayers, Thank you God for this opportunity to stretch. You are the potter and I am the clay... but boy does it sure hurt to be molded sometimes and the fire is hot, hopefully in the end I will be stronger for the Lord, a better wife to my husband and a more effective mother to my children.

1 comment:

Kathy Eden said...

Totally can relate. Praying for you.