Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sometimes Endearing, but Sometimes I Need a Little 'Spect

Seems like I've run into the same blogging bug that several of my friends have, where the posts become a bit further apart - just because there isn't that much new to say. It's funny because as I go throughout the day I think, "Oh, I need to put that on the blog." and then I finally get to sit down at the computer and can't think of anything blog-worthy. We're just going day to day, Ryan's working on the crawl, Katie's torturing our cats and testing the limits - basically just normal stuff for an 8 month old and a 2 1/2 year old!
However, there were a few things that I remembered that I wanted to share with those of you who read this.
#1. On Sunday we were on the playground and Katie wanted to play "Hide-and-Seek". She had her daddy count and she was looking for a place to hide. I suggested that she crouch down behind a lion that can be ridden on. Sean and I had to just look at one another and laugh as our daughter went over to the lion, covered her eyes and put her head against it with her back to us. She stayed in that position - obviously not able to be seen since she couldn't see us - as daddy said, "Where's Katie? Is she on the slide?" "No...." "Is Katie behind the tree." "No..." at this point she giggled, became uninvisible and yelled out, "Here I am!" Very endearing.
#2. Katie came into the house upset with me yesterday. We had gone to the grocery store and I had my hands full, plus caring Ryan, wearing Katie's backpack from school and then the child wanted me to pick a flower off of a bush for her. I just didn't have the hands... so Katie in her frustration says, "Mommy, I don't 'spect you." I bit later she climbed up onto my lap and said, "Mommy, I love you... and I 'spect you now too." (This is respect we're talking about.) Later in the evening her daddy got the same treatment of non-'spect when she didn't want to brush her teeth. I guess I'm glad that she's learning the word and I hope that soon she'll even understand the meaning a bit better!
Well I'm out of time, Ryan is waking up and Katie needs to come out of time-out after pulling on the cat for the umpteenth time - poor Trixie... not sure what else to do about that.

3 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Totally understand on the "spect" thing. I would like to have a little "spect" around here. :o)
Phoebe's latest things is when we discpline her, "You don't like me anymore." Oh, good grief!!! So now I'm trying to explain to a 4 year old what the word "manipulation" means. :o)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, especially when you are busy with things around you. My brain wishes so bad to remember all the details,but,unfortunately, I'm so forgetful type of person,hehehe. Well, small notebook, works!

Poor Trixie :-) Hope Trixie can help/get rid of frustrations of Ryan and Katie :-)

I remember Trixie very well. How can I forget my roommate who love to climb all over the room?

P.S. I have a feeling that Katie is knowing more words than me now. One day, I think she can teach me like her mother did. Go,go, Katie!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me more about her school? I'd love to know!