
This past weekend we took a family trip to visit our friends, the Kings, in Pennsylvania. We had a wonderful time finally meeting their little boy, Simon. (He's 7 months old) When we first arrived it was warm outside but they still had snow on the ground from the previous weekend. We had a good time building a snow man, teaching Katie about snow angels and finding out that Ryan is truly a Florida boy and has no tolerance for the snow, let alone for mittens or hats. We also got to go to Penn State to the Berkey Creamery for some yummy, fresh ice-cream. I guess Katie brought some snow back with her because yesterday morning we had a light dusting and today we've been watching a beautiful snowfall for several hours already. The grass is almost covered, the evergreens look beautiful with their white tips. I took the kids out for a winter walk while snow was falling... I think Katie would have stayed out all day, but Ryan took one look, demanded to be picked up and cried the rest of the walk. Now Katie is enjoying hot chocolate, Ryan's happy with a scrambled egg, and I can finally post a few pictures from PA.




2 comments:
Kristin always said she was a "northern" girl - even swimming in Lake Michigan and going to college in Michigan to prove it. Looks like Katie-Bug picked up on those genes alright. And from what I hear, it sounds like Ryan absolutely has '0' tolerance for snow. Poor boy!! It is such a joy watching these young'uns growing up!!
Wow, that's a substantial amount of snow you guys got. It's great to see how Katie likes it but funny that Ryan remains true to his real roots :)
No snow here in Florida though it has been freezing last night. You guys take care!
Post a Comment