About mid-morning Katie decided she needed a change of outfits from her princess shirt and skirt. She started by taking all of her clothes off and then got her button down pj top and put it on but didn't button it.
Me: "Do you want me to help you button that?"
k: "No, I want it like this (pulling it so it is straight on either side of her navel) like Jodi Benson."
Me: "What?"
k: "You know, like Jodi Benson... in God Made Me."
God Made Me is from a BabyFaith series of DVD's we have and it's hosted by Jodi Benson (better known as the voice of The Little Mermaid).
Me: Oh, does she have a shirt under the open one?
k: Yes! Like Jodi Benson (Now you're finally getting it mom)
Me: Okay, go get your princess shirt and we'll put it under the pj top.
k: Okay, like Jodi Benson!
We get her in t-shirt with button down top open over it.
k: Now I need blue pants - like Jodi Benson.
We get her blue jeans on.
k: Great! Like Jodi Benson, can we watch Jodi Benson?
I turn it on, by this time I'm very curious as to what JB is wearing because I've not really paid attention. Turns out that she is wearing a solid shirt with a button down shirt open over the top and blue jeans. How's that for the power of observation?!
I guess my daughter could be selecting worse role models! I'll take Jodi Benson!
2 comments:
:) Cool story.
Carolina Gram said, "That's one cool little girl! Really have to watch what we do and say in front of her."
Post a Comment